Labels

convicts (1) fluffy (1) rebel (1) spawn (1)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Next plans - Wooden stand

1. Build a 2.5x1.5x3 stand for the aquarium at aunt's place. I am planning for a wooden stand. The tank has a foot print of 2x1, I am going to make it a double stand and hence the 3 ft height. Initial design completed with google sketchup and it looks like this.


For this I need 2''x2'' lumber - hard wood, at the moment I am undecided on what to get, but that will depend on the cft rate so that I get the best deal. The assembly will be using 4'' wood screws and the plywood will be 1'' thick.

Wood required will be
Legs - 2'' x 2'' x 3' (4 nos)
frame - 2'' x 2'' * 30'' (4 nos)
Plywood sheet - 2.5' x 1.5' (2 sheets)

Planning to get the wood cut to size at the timber shop so that it will save me the pain of cutting. Choice of paint or wood stain to be decided later.

updated design with extra legs for stability (as suggested by Seetharam of IAH - my thanks)

No comments: